The Netherlands: a walk through history
On the 9th of April we organized a walk of 12 kilometers from the local history museum in Boxtel to the little village of Esch, a place from which many White Sisters left for Africa between 1895-2005. Since the 1st of January 2021 Esch belongs to the bigger village of Boxtel and to mark this date the local museum made an exhibition about the ‘Canon (history) of Esch’. Esch is an old village where Roman remains were found by archaeologists; it is around 1300 years old. One of the objects on the exposition is a big painting by one of our sisters, the almost blind Sr. Dymphna Kleemans (+), of the motherhouse ‘Sancta Monica’ and a doll of a White Sister in her old habit. The old mother house of the White Sisters, St. Monica (the mother of St. Augustin was named Monica and she was born in Algeria), is…
Cultivate the seeds of hope – experience of the former UISG president
Blessing of the stone bearing the names of our sisters who died a violent death
Today we come to remember our sisters who lived their consecration to the end and died a violent death.
A baobab tree as a symbol
What links are there between a baobab tree and Missionary Sisters of Our Lady of Africa in temporary vows?
Sr Carmen Sammut’s homily – April 30, 2016
Sharing on the Gospel of the Wedding Feast of Cana (Jn 2:1-12)
A storm at sea
On the 9th September 1869, eight young women from Brittany in the West of France, arrived in Algiers. This was one day later than foreseen due to a very bad storm while they were crossing the Mediterranean. And thus begins the history of the Missionary Sisters of Our Lady of Africa!
Saint Charles, our Mother House
“But where is your Mother House?” Some people ask us. A “Mother House” is normally where a religious congregation was born and where we joyfully return for various reasons (religious professions, general chapters …)